CUSTOM COAST CARS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sobel: Breaking down The Golf Boys video

Go down

Sobel: Breaking down The Golf Boys video Empty Sobel: Breaking down The Golf Boys video

Post by golf5748 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:34 pm

Sobel: Breaking down The Golf Boys video

Its a little embarrassing. OK, its a lot embarrassing. Like watching a movie with your parents and having to endure a nude scene.Its also a little catchy. No, it wont be mistaken for Stairway to Heaven anytime soon, but worse music has not only been produced, it gets frequent airplay on top-40 radio stations.Most importantly, though, its different (click here to see video). If nothing else, The Golf Boys are breaking down stereotypes.Remember when professional golfers were thought of as boring guys in khakis? The boy band featuring Ben Crane, Rickie Fowler, Bubba Watson and Hunter Mahan released a music video for their song Oh Oh Oh on Tuesday.And there was no khaki to be found. TaylorMade R7 CGB Max Driver Crane wore the helmet and unitard he popularized in other viral videos; Fowler looked like a pseudo-rapper; Watson donned overalls and a healthy dose of chest hair; and Mahan was dressed as, well, a pimp.Their look is some eclectic mixture of The Village People meet Menudo not that theres anything wrong with that. The music is best described as an acquired taste. The video actually has some high production value and looks like something that would appear on MTV you know, if MTV played music videos.Love it or hate it, youve got to hand it to The Golf Boys: At least theyre not boring. The video and song were a giant leap toward creativity and marketing players personality in a sport which desperately needs guys to stand out from the crowd. Mizuno driver Lets hope this is only the beginning, with more players choosing to show a side of themselves we dont often witness inside the ropes.Crane, Fowler, Watson and Mahan went out on a limb to display their personalities to the public. You dont need to clap along to the beat of Oh Oh Oh in order to applaud the effort. Staying loose and seeing my friends in the crowd and feeding off the crowd helps me. Amateur Jordan Spieth, 17, who made the cut at the Byron Nelson, which then caused him to miss his high school graduation on Saturday.He is no longer with IMG. IMG company spokesman Jim Gallagher, after Mark Steinberg, the agent for Tiger Woods the last 12 years and head of the IMG golf division, did not renew his contract this past week.Obviously, its not what it was when I was little. TaylorMade rac Black TP Wedge Tiger Woods, during his press conference for the upcoming ATT National in July, on his multiple, ongoing leg injuries. Its a unique story. I dont want to say its a good story because good things didnt happen. But I have to turn it into a good story. Thats what you do when bad things happen. Ken Green, on the eve of the Senior PGA Championship, reflecting on his auto accident back in 2009 that killed his girlfriend, his brother and his pet German shepherd. Green's leg also had to be amputated. They should drug test Luke after a 64. I cant quite figure that one out. Lee Westwood, jokingly referring to Luke Donald's 7-under 64 in wet and windy conditions at Wentworth in Round 1 at the BMW PGA Championship.I'm very bummed. Paula Creamer, who had planned on parachuting in for the U.S. Womens Open media day activities at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Col., before poor weather prevented her from doing so. You dont know how hes going to deal with the big lead. He had a big lead in a major and didnt deal with it well before. Theres pressure on him with regards to that.

golf5748

Back to top Go down