Post-war years: 19451986

Go down

Post-war years: 19451986 Empty Post-war years: 19451986

Post by kosovohp on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:29 am

Francis Hillier Taylor, previously senior history master at The Skinners' School, was appointed as Morgan's successor at the end of the spring term in 1946, a position that attracted 321 applications.[31] During his tenure, Taylor significantly expanded the school facilities: in 1948, the headmaster's living quarters were converted to include a secretaries office, waiting room and medical inspection room (the headmaster moved to neighbouring Brook House, which was purchased by The Skinners' Company). In 1955, new geography rooms were constructed, followed three years later by a new gymnasium. Although not first used until two years later, a swimming pool was constructed in 1964 at the cost of 9,000.[34] Taylor also introduced some major curriculum changes, including the introduction of new subjects such as rural biology and zoology.[35][36]




Eheringe
Melbourne Short Term Accommodation

kosovohp
OFFICAL CCC MEMBER
OFFICAL CCC MEMBER

Posts : 482
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum