CUSTOM COAST CARS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howard Jacobson

Go down

Howard Jacobson Empty Howard Jacobson

Post by kosovohp Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:56 am

Jacobson was born in 1942 in Manchester.[1] He was brought up in Prestwich and was educated at Stand Grammar School in Whitefield, before going on to study English at Downing College, Cambridge, under F. R. Leavis.[1] He lectured for three years at the University of Sydney before returning to England to teach at Selwyn College, Cambridge. His later teaching assignments included a stint at Wolverhampton Polytechnic in the 1970s.
Although he has described himself as "a Jewish Jane Austen," he also states, "I'm not by any means conventionally Jewish. I don't go to shul. What I feel is that I have a Jewish mind, I have a Jewish intelligence. I feel linked to previous Jewish minds of the past. I don't know what kind of trouble this gets somebody into, a disputatious mind. What a Jew is has been made by the experience of 5,000 years, that's what shapes the Jewish sense of humour, that's what shaped Jewish pugnacity or tenaciousness." He maintains that "comedy is a very important part of what I do."[2]

seo company uk
mlm leads

kosovohp
OFFICAL CCC MEMBER
OFFICAL CCC MEMBER

Back to top Go down